Join the IABC NL Board of Directors!
IABC NL welcomes new ideas and fresh faces on our team. Serving on the IABC NL Board is an opportunity to grow your professional skills, build your network, and give back to our profession. Put your name forward to join the 2023-24 IABC NL Board of Directors!
We are currently recruiting for the following board positions:
- Executive Assistant to the Board
- Director, Communications
- Director, Professional Development and Networking
- Director, Membership Development and Marketing
- Director, Pinnacle Awards
- Digital Communications Coordinator
- Graphic Design Coordinator
- Special Events Support Coordinator
- Sponsorship Liaison
- Judging Coordinator
- Certification Coordinator
You can nominate yourself or another member to help guide our chapter for the 2023-24 year.
Meet Your Executive
Succession planning is critical to building strong leadership. This is why we have built an executive track into our organizational structure, allowing experienced and knowledgeable board members to evolve into chapter leaders. Through automatic succession, the following positions have been filled for the 2023-24 year:
- President – Carolyn O’Keefe, CAIP®
- Immediate Past President – Glenda Power, SCMP®
- Vice-President of Finance/Incoming President – Jeremy Reynolds
What’s in it for you?
Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Be part of an award-winning team! Our chapter was awarded IABC International Chapter of the Year in 2019, as well as Small Chapter of the Year in 2018, 2019, and 2023.
- Opportunities for mentorship and learning new skills from other communicators. In 2023, our chapter was awarded chapter management of the year for mentoring.
- Leadership experience with the opportunity to manage a team of volunteers and participate in key decision-making for your portfolio and the chapter.
- Business experience, including strategic planning, budget setting and reporting.
- Networking and best-practice sharing with fellow communicators at local, regional, and international levels. In 2023, our chapter was awarded chapter management for special events.
- Travel opportunities for chapter leaders to attend meetings and conferences out of province.
- Pride in accomplishing great things for IABC NL.
Nominations are open until July 17, 2023. Click here to review the nomination package and learn more about the IABC NL Board of Directors.
For more information on joining the board, reach out to Glenda Power, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.