CMP Certification IABC Academy News Events Photo Gallery
Pinnacle Awards – Division 2: Communication Research Management
Recognizes the importance of research and measurement.
Category 23 | Internal Communication Research
- This category recognizes formative research during the initial stages of the strategic communication planning process that benchmarks employee or other internal stakeholder attitudes or opinions, and informs strategic direction for internal communication programs, projects or tactics.
- Entries may include primary and/or secondary research, focus groups, communication or culture audits, and communication benchmarks in employee engagement, leadership communication or research that leads to process or structural changes within the communication unit or broader organization.
Category 24 | Internal Communication Measurement
- This category recognizes research that measures the impact of internal communication programs, strategies, vehicles or channels on audience groups and business needs.
- Entries may include measurement of the effectiveness of internal communication strategies, programs, channels or vehicles, through communication dashboards, or through readership, viewership, knowledge, or benefits and compensation surveys.
Category 25 | External Communication Research
- This category recognizes formative research during the initial stages of the strategic communication planning process that benchmarks external audience opinions or behaviors, profiles the marketplace or external communication environment in which the organization operates, aligns best practices against organizational needs, and informs strategic direction for external communication programs.
- Entries may include audience analysis, competitive benchmarking, secondary research related to best practices, program or product test markets, and reputation or brand studies.
Category 26 | External Communication Measurement
- This category recognizes research that measures the impact of external communication programs, strategies, vehicles and channels against audience and business needs, including print, broadcast, social media or other external marketing activities such as trade conferences, special events and charitable activities, either for a campaign or ongoing program that addresses business needs.
Category 27 | Research Innovation
- This category recognizes innovative research programs or tools that may combine research methodologies to overcome survey/research fatigue; engage hard-to-reach participants; demonstrate inspired uses of qualitative methods, sampling methods or question/questionnaire design; or other innovative ways of addressing the research purposes identified.
- Entries may include formative internal and/or external research including but not limited to consumer, media, attitudinal or online research, or measure the impact of communication on business results in terms of cost, efficiencies, share price, brand value or sales.
Category 28 | Communication Research Management, Student Entry
- This category includes entries to any category in this division submitted by a student.