The deadline for submissions for this year’s awards is April 10, 2019. Student submissions are due March 31, 2019.
The Pinnacle Awards program is open to all communications professionals in Newfoundland and Labrador, both IABC members and non-members. The important criterion is that the entrant(s) listed on the ENTRY FORM must have had direct and primary involvement in implementing the project submitted.
Nominees for the Pinnacle Award of Excellence for Communications Professionals must be members of IABC.
Your entry must include the following:
- Please refer to the Preparing your Work Plan section for complete instructions
- If you are submitting an entry on behalf of a client, you must include a letter/email from the client giving you permission to enter on their behalf.
Your entry must also:
- Include work that was produced, implemented, published or broadcast within the previous calendar year (Projects and programs may have run for a longer period). Entries that won in previous years may be submitted again providing that the solution overview, measurement and results are updated and show new progress.
- Conform to IABC's Code of Ethics
- Be clearly labelled on all elements of the contents with :
- Entrant's name
- Entrant's organization
- Entry title
- Entry category
Charitable organizations: $90
Organizational Leader: Free
Communications Professional: Free
Students (IABC Members): Free
Students (non-members): $10
Other Terms & Conditions
- Entries are not returned.
- Entrants may submit work in multiple categories within and across divisions providing that the work plan fits the category description. You may submit as many entries as you wish, however separate entry fees apply for each entry.
- Awards will be given solely at the discretion of the evaluators and their decisions are final.
Please note we will have to disqualify you entry if:
- Either the entry fee or the entry is received after the final deadline.
- Payment is insufficient for the total number of entries.
- Your entry includes mainly syndicated, borrowed, reprinted or stock material.
- Your entry is the work of another person and you had no direct involvement.
- The work plan exceeds the stated length of no more than four pages.
- The entry is submitted in hard copy or faxed with the exception of entries in the Publications or Publication Design categories.
- Is submitted by an agency without written permission from the client represented.
- Does not include both the work plan and work sample
- Does not conform to IABC’s Code of Ethics
The Pinnacle Awards accepts entries submitted by a student or a group of students. Entrants must have been either full-time students at a college, university or other educational institution, or part-time students working toward a degree, during the time the entry was created.
Entries should reflect work performed in a student, not professional, capacity. Student categories recognize the work of those about to enter the professional communication field. If you were enrolled as a student and have extensive communication experience or are employed in the communication profession please enter the main Pinnacle Awards program.
Work produced for educational courses, a club or volunteer association, an internship or other non-commercial activities are eligible for submission. Work done for IABC or the IABC Research Foundation at the international level is not eligible; however, work done for IABC chapters and districts or regions is eligible. Professors or advisers may not enter on behalf of a student.
Your Work Plan should be saved as a PDF file. Your Work Sample ﬁles must be in .pdf, .png, .jpg, .gif, .mp3, .mp4, .wmv, .m4v, .mov formats. Please include the Pinnacle Award ENTRY FORM as part of your Work Plan PDF.
NOTE: A maximum of two entries per student will be accepted.