Pinnacle Award of Excellence for a Communications Professional
This is a prestigious award recognizing a communicator who practices exemplary communications and encourages communication excellence in the activities and initiatives in which he/she is involved.
Open to all communicators in the province who are IABC members, this award acknowledges the recipient for their leadership, professional accomplishments and outstanding efforts to improve business communication in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Professional Excellence demonstrated in career-related achievements, advancements, and scope of responsibilities, awards, honours, citations, and accreditations.
- Contribution to Communications Practice illustrated by number of years in the field, evidence of impact on others, commitment to professionalism.
- Commitment to Effective Communications using best communications practices to tackle issues and highlight opportunities, engaging in consistent open/honest communications, innovative strategies to achieve superior communication and generated successful results.
- Contributions to IABC Chapter, regional, international board activity and committee activity, presentations to chapters and/or regions, international, published articles etc.
- Through articles, books, columns, research papers, speeches, teaching, conference, workshops or seminar presentations.
- Professional and Ethics through their actions and examples have demonstrated a commitment to highest ethical and professional standards.
- Complete the nomination form and supporting documentation as outlined in the guidelines above, and submit by mail or courier to the Pinnacle Awards Committee. You may nominate more than one individual, but each nomination must be on a separate entry form.
- Individuals may not nominate a direct supervisor or a family member for the Pinnacle Award of Excellence for a Communications Professional and Pinnacle Award of Excellence for an Organizational Leader. For further information on conflict of interest rules please see below.
- One award will be presented each year, if a suitable candidate is identified, and approved by a majority of the IABC Newfoundland and Labrador Board of Directors
- Please complete and send one form per nomination. Ensure that you print the required information legibly and complete all fields accurately and in full.
The IABC Newfoundland and Labrador Pinnacle Award of Excellence for a Communications Professional will be judged by an affiliate IABC chapter, or a representation of IABC NL past presidents, with a minimum of two judges judging each entry. Entries are evaluated against standardized criteria.
Only one Pinnacle Award of Excellence for a Communications Professional award will be presented each year provided a suitable nomination is received.
Please complete and send one form per nomination. Ensure that you print the required information legibly and complete all fields accurately and in full.